Do you ever wonder if your dog loves you? Do you wish your dog could speak those three little words you’d love to hear? Our dogs can’t talk but they do share their unconditional love for their hoomans through their own kind of dog language.
Dogs do love us. We just have to “read” their unspoken language.
As I was thinking about all the ways my Goldendoodle dog shows her affection for her family pack every single day, it felt like she (and all dogs) are born with a degree in love. The result? Dogs Love U™, a not-so-bonefide virtual university of dog love for dog lovers. Our “canine college” answers the really meaningful, higher level questions in life! And by that I mean, “How do you know if your dog loves you?” And also, “What are the key signs your dog loves you?” So let’s get started!
How do you know if your dog loves you?
The great thing about belonging to “Dogs Love U” is that there is no homework! (No, the dogs didn’t eat it…yet.) My furry bestie and I put our hands and paws to the keyboard and have done it for you! In fact, we dug up some information and created a quiz to answer the question, “What are some signs that your dog loves you?”
Signs your dog loves you: Take this quiz
So in celebration of our canine companions, we welcome you to virtual Dogs Love U™, a not so “bone-fide” college where your only “entrance exam” is taking the fun quiz below to discover five signs that your dog loves you!
Which of these are signs that your dog loves you?
Answer each of these true or false questions to test your knowledge of how dogs show their love. Then read on for the answers and facts behind each one.
- True or False? When a dog leans against you it means that she/he is exerting dominance.
2. True or False? If your dog gazes into your eyes, it’s a sign she/he loves you.
3. True or False? Dogs, cats, and horses all respond to fear or worry by running away from you.
4. True or False? Carrying your things (clothes, shoes) around is a sign that your dog loves you.
5. True or False? If a dog checks on you while you’re in the bathroom, it’s a sign of love.
- False. According to Vetstreet, leaning against you is affection-seeking behavior from your dog! I’d say that’s a sign that your dog loves you!
- True. According to ScienceMag.org, gaze-mediated bonding exists between dogs and their people and shows emotional bonding.
- False. When scared or worried, dogs run to their owners. (Cats and horses typically run away.) According to an article in Mic.com (Brain Scans Reveal What Dogs Really Think of You) this is much like the behavior of a toddler seeking a parent for protection. Another sign your dog loves you!
- True. Your scent (on your clothes or your shoes) is comforting to your dog. In my book, that’s a sign of love.
- True. If a dog checks in on you in the bathroom—or any room, for that matter—it’s making sure you’re nearby and showing affectionate behavior. Your dog’s bonded with you! I’d say that’s a sign of love. (For three more reasons why your dog may follow you, check out Pet Med’s article: 4 Reasons Your Dog Follows You Everywhere.)
More fun quizzes for dog lovers
Now that you’ve breezed through the Signs Your Dog Loves You quiz, why not test your dog-loving knowledge through our other fun quizzes:
- My Dog Is My Best Friend: You and your dog are besties, but just how close are you? Take this quiz to learn your “best buds” level.
- Doggolingo: Do you speak fluent doggolingo? Take this fun quiz to find out!
- Dog Mom Memes: Which dog mom meme is so true it’s you? Enjoy comparing your dog mom life to these fun dog mom memes.
Finally, please accept your official welcome letter and a free printable as a little reward for loving dogs as much as they love you! It’s our way of thanking you for stopping by and sharing a smile or two with us. Most of all, we appreciate that you love dogs as much as we do!
Get your free “Welcome to Dogs Love U” certificate printable here. It’s our way of saying thanks for being top dogs and joining us on our adventures!
How does your dog show you love and affection?
Please comment below.