How Do You Know if Your Dog Loves You?
Do you ever wonder if your dog loves you? Do you wish your dog could speak those three little words you’d love to hear? Our dogs can’t talk but they do share their unconditional love for their hoomans through their own kind of dog language.
As I was thinking about all the ways that Happy-Go-Doodle Chloe shows her love and affection for her family pack every single day, and as back to school season is just around the corner, the two thoughts came crashing together like two dogs chasing after the same tennis ball. The result? Dogs Love U™ a not-so-bonefide school for dog lovers. Our “canine college” answers the really meaningful, higher level questions in life! And by that I mean, “How do you know if your dog loves you?” and “What are the key signs your dog loves you?” So let’s get started!
Do dogs love you?
The great thing about attending class at “Dogs Love U” is that there is no homework! No, the dogs didn’t eat it 🙂 Happy-Go-Doodle Chloe and I have done it for you! We dug up some information and created a quiz to answer the question, “What are some signs that your dog loves you?” See how many answers you know.
Not only do we believe that dogs love their people, we believe that it’s like our canine companions were born having already graduated from “Dogs Love U™”! From the time they were born, they had their degrees in love and kindness…and complete adoration for you!
Signs your dog loves you: Take this Quiz
So in celebration of our canine companions, Happy-Go-Doodle and I welcome you to Dogs Love U™, a not so “bone-fide” college where your only “entrance exam” is taking this fun quiz to find out 5 signs that your dog loves you!
Here a little data behind each answer:
- According to Vetstreet, leaning against you is affection-seeking behavior from your dog! I’d say that’s a sign that your dog loves you!
- According to ScienceMag.org, gaze-mediated bonding exists between dogs and their people and shows emotional bonding.
- When scared or worried, dogs run to their owners. (Cats and horses typically run away.) According to an article in Mic.com (Brain Scans Reveal What Dogs Really Think of U) this is much like the behavior of a toddler seeking a parent for protection. Another sign your dog loves you!
- Your scent (on your clothes or your shoes) is comforting to your dog. That’s a sign of love in my book!
- If a dog checks in on you in the bathroom (or any room, for that matter) it’s making sure you’re nearby and showing affectionate behavior. Your dog’s bonded with you! I’d say that’s a sign of love. (For three more reasons why your dog may follow you, check out Pet Med’s article: 4 Reasons Your Dog Follows You Everywhere.)
Now that you’ve breezed through the entrance exam, please accept your official welcome letter and a free printable. It’s all part our mission to share a smile or two with you. And thanks for loving dogs as much as they love us!
Get your free “Welcome to Dogs Love U” certificate printable here. It’s our way of saying thanks for being top dogs and joining us on our adventures!
If your dog could teach a course at our fictional Dogs Love U university, what would it be called? We’d love to hear. Please comment below.
Thank you for sharing in our new Dogs Love U adventures. If this story brought a smile, a laugh, or a woof, you might also enjoy: