Jenise Carl is the author and founder of Happy-Go-Doodle, a resource dedicated to providing helpful content for Goldendoodle, Labradoodle, and Doodle dog enthusiasts. She has dedicated the last 10 years to helping Doodle dogs and pet parents enjoy a more joyful life together.
In addition to authoring HappyGoDoodle.com, she is a marketing communications consultant specializing in the pet industry, mom, and dog mom. Her professional background is in communications and product innovation.
Carl also serves as Editor-in-Chief for The Buzby Bark, an award-winning senior dog health and wellness publication written by veterinarians for pet parents.
Previously, Carl held positions including Editorial Director, Innovation Leader, and Creative Strategist at Hallmark Cards, Inc. where she oversaw new product development for baby, kids, and humor products. After years of creating emotionally-relevant gifts and social expression products, she envisioned a new path—creating content that helps pet parents and their four-legged family members celebrate and nurture the bond they share.
Awards and recognition
Carl’s accolades include:
- Finalist for best blog site from the Dog Writers’ Association of America, 2022 for HappyGoDoodle.com
- Finalist for the Dog Blogger Award for best non-corporate dog blogger from the Dog Writers’ Association of America, 2020 for Cornstarch for Matted Dog Hair: A Heck of a Hack
- Finalist for best online article (health or general care) from the Dog Writer’ Association of America, 2022 for How to Bathe a Goldendoodle and Make It Feel Like It’s a Day at the Spa
- Maxwell Medallion and Certificate of Excellence from Dog Writers’ Association of America, 2019 for Can Dogs Have Chocolate, co-written by Julie Buzby DVM and Jenise Carl
- Maxwell Medallion and Certificate of Excellence from Dog Writers’ Association of America, 2019 for 7 Helpful Tips for Bringing A Stray Puppy Into Your Home, co-written by Julie Buzby DVM and Jenise Carl
- Editor for a best-selling Maxine humor book
- Best new pet blog from BlogPaws Nose-to-Nose Awards, 2017 for HappyGoDoodle.com
Carl holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in journalism and media graphics from Drake University. She is a member of the Dog Writers Association of America.
As a child, Carl’s pets were the heroes in all of her outdoor adventure stories.
Today, dogs are still her heroes in each of her articles and in her photography.
Carl and her Goldendoodle pack are the hands and paws behind Happy-Go-Doodle.
Happy-Go-Doodle® is a dog blog and lifestyle brand that’s all about living the dog-loving adventure!
It’s a cozy place for discovering…
- Helpful tips on dog parenting
- Goldendoodle and Doodle dog information
- How-tos and hacks on everything from dog-friendly travel to dog-friendly daily living
FETCH JOY® That’s the life dogs inspire us to live each day! Whether you’re heading out on an adventure or playing a game of fetch in your own backyard, we hope you share joy with your furry friend!
Our inspiration: One happy Goldendoodle dog
Happy-Go-Doodle® is inspired by one very happy-go-lucky Goldendoodle name Chloe. By creating content that’s helpful, informative, encouraging, and inspiring, we hope to share as much joy with others as Chloe shares with everyone she meets.
Much like the comical Goldendoodle breed, we strive to celebrate and nurture the bond between dogs and the people who love them.
Our brand promise is simple and founded on what Chloe and our fun-loving four-legged companions do best: Fetch Joy®
For more about who we are, how we develop reader-centric content, and for our editorial guidelines, please visit our About Happy-Go-Doodle page.
Join our pack
We hope you find a little smile here, a helpful idea or two, and joy from loving dogs as much as they love us.