BlogPaws Conference 2018: Celebrate with Us!
As BlogPaws Conference Speaker Ambassadors (I’m the official ambassador but Happy-Go-Doodle Chloe loves being the ambassadoodle), we couldn’t be more excited to help welcome everyone to Kansas City, give you an “online tour” of all the best things to do with your dog in Kansas City, and help make the BlogPaws 10th anniversary a pet-loving celebration to remember! Also, we want to share as much information with you as possible before the conference even starts–so that you can get the most out of every minute when you arrive.
Let’s start the celebration by introducing the 2018 BlogPaws Conference keynote speakers!
In addition to the educational workshops and sessions, which I shared in 2018 BlogPaws Conference Educational Sessions: The Ultimate Guide, the keynote speaker sessions are not to be missed! I think both (there are two!)sessions will offer fresh insights and inspiration–especially as BlogPaws celebrates 10 years of educating and creating a pet-loving community! Oh, and if you haven’t registered for the conference, you can right here!
7 reasons you won’t want to miss the BlogPaws conference keynote speaker sessions
#7 Learning. The educational piece can’t be overlooked. The BlogPaws conference keynote speaker sessions are a chance to learn from industry experts–to get the latest info about the pet industry, pet brands, and hear how to connect with your audience on a bigger scale.
#6 Synthesizing. The keynote speaker sessions are held on day two and day three of the BlogPaws conference. (You can check out the entire BlogPaws conference schedule here.) The sessions are a chance to take it all in, pull out the pieces that inspire you, and connect the dots between other sessions that you’ve attended.
#5 Trending. The keynote speakers have a pulse on the pet industry and the social media map of the future. They share new insights into what’s on the horizon and they offer up the latest trends.
#4: Relating. There’s something about being in a group of pet-loving conference goers–some with dogs at their feet, some with cats in their lap, and some with whiskery rodents peeking out of baskets–that adds to the experience. We meet. We chat. We listen. We learn. We connect.
#3 Personalizing. Listening to the BlogPaws conference keynote speakers is a time to be a little selfish. Go ahead and invest the time in yourself, personalize what you’re hearing, and think about how it applies to your life, your blog, your business, or your brand.
#2 Inspiring. Through all the group think, professional wisdom, connecting, and synthesizing, there’s enough motivation, inspiration, and encouragement to energize you for the year ahead. You’ll leave inspired. Immersed. Recharged.
And the number one reason not to miss the 2018 BlogPaws conference keynote speaker sessions…
#1: Pet-loving people! You’ll get to hear from two pet-loving experts who work for industry-leading brands: Chewy.com and BuzzFeed.
Meet the The 10th Anniversary BlogPaws Conference Keynote Speakers
Meet: Emmy Favilla
Role: Emmy is a Senior Commerce Editor at Buzzfeed where she writes and edits shopping content.
Keynote Session Topic: How to Create Engaging Pet-Product Content and Connect With Your Audience
Date: Thursday, April 19, 1:15pm – 2:15pm
It will be a treat to hear…Emmy’s point of view on the importance of being REAL and authentic when sharing your story.
Here is an excerpt from Emmy’s keynote speaker presentation summary. You can read more and sign up for her session on sched.org.
BuzzFeed Senior Commerce editor Emmy Favilla shares tips and tricks for creating relatable, honest, and fun product posts and reviews that compel readers to buy — as well as discusses when to be discerning about promoting items — and covers best practices and ethics when it comes to creating editorial content that incorporates affiliate marketing.
Meet: Lesley Bender
Role: Lesley oversees the strategic development of brand marketing at Chewy.
Keynote Session Topic: The Influence of Pets: A Day in the Life of a Pet Brand Marketer
Date: Friday, April 20, 1:30pm – 2:30pm
It will be a treat to hear…Lesley talk about “going beyond the sponsored blog post” when working with pet brands. Additionally, I’m excited to hear her insights into the latest trends in the pet industry.
Here is an excerpt from Lesley’s keynote speaker presentation summary. You can read more and sign up on sched.org.
Please join Lesley Bender, Director of Brand Marketing for Chewy, to learn how pets are influencing the landscape of brand marketing. She will share trends in the pet industry and how you, the influencer, can work with brands outside of traditional reviews and sponsored content.
The 10th Anniversary BlogPaws Conference: All-time favorites PLUS new and noteworthy
Now that you know a little about the keynote speakers, let’s take a peek at what the BlogPaws team has been cooking up to create a 10th-anniversary celebration to remember! In addition to bringing back many favorite activities from 2017, they are adding some all-new activities in honor of the 10th anniversary celebration!
What favorites are back again this year? Here are just a few of my favorites:
- One-on-ones: The one-on-one sessions are back by popular demand! Watch for the sign-ups coming soon. There are a limited number of spots available for these mini-workshops where attendees can get advice, tips, and information from conference speakers.
- Table topics: These lunch-and-learn-style sessions are a great way to collaborate with other attendees and pick up tips shared by the topic leader. There is a maximum of 10 people at each table. For more information check out the BlogPaws 2018 Conference schedule.
- Awards banquet and red carpet: This evening is pure fun! After walking the red carpet and having dinner with attendees, the 2018 BlogPaws Nose-to-Nose Pet Blogging and Social Media Awards Finalists will be announced in a gala ceremony featuring celebrity emcee, David Frei!
- Pet-loving and pet-friendly: As always, the BlogPaws conference is for people who love pets! Each speaker, each ambassador, each attendee shares a love for pets. Also, the 2018 conference is pet-friendly!
What’s new and noteworthy at the 10th Anniversary BlogPaws Conference? Here are a few that stand out to me:
- All-new experiential areas! Like having a home away from home, there will be five pet-focused experiential areas that are new for 2018. I can imagine that the photo ops will be endless! Here’s what you’ll find:
- In the living room…you can connect with speakers and sponsors one-on-one. This area is sponsored by Comfort Zone.
- In the office…step into an office space where you can get a sneak peek into the 2019 BlogPaws conference location. Plus, Chewy Studios will be on hand for photo ops!
- In the kitchen…check out the homemade baked dog treats, snacks, and beverages. These goodies are generously provided by Whisk & Wag.
- On the patio… Mingle with friends and see what’s pet-friendly. This experience is sponsored by Frontline.
- In the backyard…Merrick is excited to welcome you to the backyard where you can enjoy some yard games.
- Sip, Celebrate, and Decorate a Cake! In celebration of the 10th anniversary, Three Dog Bakery is hosting a Sip, Celebrate, and Decorate activity! Three Dog Bakery will bring the cakes, tools, and icing! All that’s needed is YOU to decorate your own cake! There will even be a chef on hand to share cake decorating tips!
- BBQ TIME! Kansas City is known for its barbeque! On Thursday, April 19, we’ll be celebrating BlogPaws’ 10th anniversary with KC BBQ for lunch! Food! Fun! Friendship!
Celebrate with Us!
Will you be part of the 2018 10th Anniversary BlogPaws conference celebration? We hope to see you!
Where: The Sheraton Hotel at Crown Center in Kansas City, Missouri
When: April 18-20
How: Haven’t registered yet? You can learn more and sign up here!
For more information about the BlogPaws conference, check out the BlogPaws conference page.
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2018-blogpaws-conference-kansas-city-mo-tickets-34703852156?aff=KansasCity2018&afu=210380804632Whether you have a pet blog, a pet business, an Instagram account featuring your pet, or you’re simply a curious dog mom or dog dad, I can’t think of a better way to connect with pet-loving people in a pet-friendly city. Please let us know if you’ll be joining us in Kansas City for the 10th Anniversary BlogPaws conference. We’d love to meet you!
Doodle kisses and tail wags!
Will you be attending the BlogPaws conference? Do you have any questions? Please comment below!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of BlogPaws. The opinions and text are all mine.