25 Happy Dog Mom Quotes for the World’s Best Dog Moms
Happy Dog Mom’s Day and Mother’s Day! YOU are the world’s best dog mom! In honor of Mother’s Day and National Dog Mom’s Day (May 9), Happy-Go-Doodle Chloe (my red Goldendoodle bestie and life inspiration) and I created a smile-bringing blog post of favorite dog mom quotes and dog captions especially for fur moms.
We want to honor you for all the things you do each day to keep your doggo’s tail wagging happily!
Quotes for the Best. Dog. Mom. Ever.
When it comes to caring for your pack, you’d do anything for them. Your pockets are lined with dog treat crumbs and you wear those dog hairs and fur fuzzies on your leggings with joy! Because that’s just the kind of wonderful dog mom you are. 🙂
Please enjoy this list of 25 feel-good, uplifting dog mom quotes that we’ve curated specifically with dog moms in mind. Each one was chosen for its relevancy to living the dog mom lifestyle—from dog love to dog fashion to dog philosophy.
But before you get started, please scroll back up here when you’re finished, and check our quote library for dog lovers:
25 dog quotes, captions, and sayings to bring you extra dog-loving smiles
1. Dogs are good for the soul as explained in this quote by Dean Koontz…Petting, scratching, and cuddling a dog could be as soothing to the mind and heart as deep meditation, and almost as good for the soul as prayer. ~Dean Koontz Click To Tweet
2. And this one from Ogden Nash is perfect for Dog Mom’s Day and Mother’s Day!I hope my tongue in prune juice smothers, If I belittle dogs and mothers. ~ Ogden Nash Click To Tweet
3. W.H. Auden speaks the truth…In times of joy, all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag. ~W.H. Auden Click To Tweet
4. With two furry peanut butter lovers in our pack, I can definitely relate to this quote from Kate DiCamillo…You can always trust a dog that likes peanut butter. ~Kate DiCamillo, Because of Winn-Dixie Click To Tweet
5. Are you a dog mom who also has a teenager in your life? This one’s for you…When your children are teenagers, it's important to have a dog so that someone is happy to see you. ~Nora Ephron Click To Tweet
6. Every great dog mom quote list includes a truism…Everything I know, I learned from dogs. ~ Nora Roberts Click To Tweet
7. If this dog quote is wrong, then I don’t wanna be right…Everyone thinks they have the best dog. And none of them are wrong. Click To Tweet
8. And if you’re a dog mom in between dogs right now…we’ll share our dog adventures with you…sans the hair 😉My fashion philosophy is, if you're not covered in dog hair, you're life is empty. ~Elayne Boosler Click To Tweet
9. Dog moms definitely have the corner on listening…Dogs do speak. But only to those who know how to listen. ~ Orhan Pamuk Click To Tweet
10. This quote by Charles Schulz warms the heart…Happiness is a warm puppy. ~ Charles Schulz Click To Tweet
11. This dog quote is share-worthy…Dogs are our link to paradise. ~ Milan Kundera Click To Tweet
12. Dog moms are always aspiring to this dog quote…Be the person your dog thinks you are. ~C.J. Frick Click To Tweet
13. This quote…24/7…365…My little dog—a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton Click To Tweet
14. A classic dog mom quote from Rodger A. Caras. (Dog moms might contend that they are not our whole lives?)Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole. ~Rodger A. Caras Click To Tweet
15. A tender truism from John Grogan…It is amazing how much love and laughter they [dogs] bring into our lives and even how much closer we become with each other because of them. ~ John Grogan, Marley and Me Click To Tweet
16. Is “like” a strong enough word for us dog moms? Love this dog quote…I like dogs Big dogs Little dogs Fat dogs Doggy dogs Old dogs Puppy dogs I like dogs A dog that is barking over the hill A dog that is dreaming very still A dog that is running wherever he will I like dogs. ~ Margaret Wise… Click To Tweet
17. 🙂 A fun dog caption for just the right pic…I don't think twice about picking up my dog's poop, but if another dog's poop is next to it, I think, "Eww, dog poop! ~Jonah Goldberg Click To Tweet
18. Scrub-a-dub-dog. This quote could be the subject of an entire dog mom blog…Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog. ~ Franklin P. Jones Click To Tweet
19. Dog moms would agree…There is nothing truer in this world than the love of a good dog. ~ Mira Grant Click To Tweet
20. So tender and true, a dog mom quote for you…Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog. ~Sidney Jeanne Seward Click To Tweet
21. Need a little luck?I'm convinced that petting a puppy is good luck. ~ Meg Donahue Click To Tweet
22. Oh boy, oh boy!I looked up my family tree and found three dogs using it. ~ Rodney Dangerfield Click To Tweet
23. Especially true for dog moms who are quarantining away from home right now…The friendship of a dog is precious. It becomes even more so when one is so far removed from home. ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower Click To Tweet
24. For dog moms who get their energy during quiet moments…I'm an introvert…I love being by myself, love being outdoors, love taking a long walk with my dogs and looking at the trees, flowers, the sky. ~ Audrey Hepburn Click To Tweet
25. Simple and pure…Dogs just need you and love, that's all. ~ Jennifer Westfeldt Click To Tweet
26. And the #1 fur-covered dog quote comes directly from the one who is nearest and dearest to your own heart: YOUR DOG HAS THIS TO SAY ABOUT YOU…WORLD'S BEST DOG MOM! ~ Direct quote barked by YOUR DOG Click To Tweet
Thank you for stopping by and enjoying some fur-covered compliments and uplifting dog quotes at happygodoodle.com. We know you’re time is valuable, so we hope we’ve shared a dog mom quote or two that brought joy to you!
Do you have a favorite dog mom quote?
Please comment below. We’d love to hear!