Nothing could paw-sibly be cuter than dogs unless it’s cute dog puns! In fact, we’re pretty sure that even our dogs would be sad (maybe even “mellon collie” 😉) without some dog puns, jokes, and dog wordplay to brighten up the day.
Since we dog lovers have our own breed of language, Happy-Go-Doodle Chloe and I decided to put together an ulti-mutt list of punny dog puns, puppy puns, and dog play on words.
50 Dog Puns: The “Ultimutt” List for Dog Lovers
The other day, my husband mentioned to me that our Happy-Go-Doodle® blog posts and social media included a fair share of dog puns.
Like Chloe after a lone treat under a couch cushion, I dug through my own dog blog, sniffed out pet brands, and peeked into dog publications.
A big “pup-preciation” for dog puns and word play
Fur sure, wordplay and punny language had, well, gone to the dogs!
Modern Dog Magazine? Their headline read “Pup-tacular Dog Finds.” Shopping? Check out “Pawty Box” or the “Furminator.”
Pup yeah, even Google is in on the dog word games with their article, Fetching the Latest in Dog Trends.
And our own blog posts? We have quite a pack of puns, memes, and feel-good blog humor including these posts:
- 75 Dog Puns, Memes To Make You Say P’awww
- Which Dog Mom Meme Is So True It’s You?
- 20 Happy Dog Memes to Make Your Barkday Brighter
While I have no scientific evidence to explain why puns and pups go together, I’d venture to guess it’s simply because like humor, dogs bring smiles.
Really, how better to describe a dog’s silly, goofy, happy, splooty personality than with a pun as pup-tacular as our pooches!?!
So, for pure doggo wordplay fun and happiness, Happy-Go-Doodle Chloe and I put our hands and paws to the keyboard and created our own mega list of pup puns and dog play on words.
We hope our ulti-mutt guide brings a smile, a p’awww, or maybe even a grrrrroan.
Happy-Go-Doodle’s Ulti-Mutt List of Punny Dog Puns
The not-so-secret funny language of dog moms, dog dads, and dog lovers
See how many of these dog puns and play on words you’ve ever heard, read, typed, posted, or muttered.
Paws-itive dog puns for exclaiming good news…
1. How a-dog-able!
3. Paw yeah!
4. What did the motivational speaker tell his dog? Anything’s paws-sible!
5. Fur sure!
6. That’s pawsome!
Work-related dog puns and wordplay…
7. Just another day at the paw-ffice.
8. My dog got a promotion. She’s a branch manager.
9. Is it FriYAY yet? It’s been a ruff week.
10. If I stick to it, I could be branch manager at the paw-ffice.
Celebrations, parties, and dog birthday puns and play on words…
11. Happy Bark-day!
12. Where’s the pawty?
13. Bring the whole pack!
14. I’m only going if I can bring my pawty pup.
Paw-liday puns for seasonal fun…
15. Who’s visiting Santa Paws?
16. Should I sign my holiday cards “Happy Howlidays!” or “Merry Woofmas.” Hmmm…
17. Paws for the holidays
18. Happy HOWL-o-ween!
19. Halloween? Who’s ready for bone-fide fun!
20. We’re thankful fur our friends.
21. What’s an itchy dog’s favorite Christmas greeting? Fleas navidad.
Oh, Christmas fleas! Oh, Christmas fleas! Looking for more Christmas dog puns? Check out our list of dog Christmas puns too!
Entertaining dog puns when watching a movie…
22. We’re watching DogTV! Let’s have pupcorn!
23. Who’s having the pup-peroni pizza?
Uplifting and encouraging dog puns for cheering someone up or rooting someone on…
24. You’re rebarkable!
25. I love you furry much!
26. It’s paw-ssible!
27. You’re pawtastic!
28. Stay pawsitive!
29. Ap-paws! Ap-paws!
Dog thank you puns: Pup-preciative phrases for expressing gratitude…
30. Barking it from the wooftops!
31. Making it barkworthy!
32. Thanks furry much!
Travel-related dog puns when going on a vacation or adventure…
33. EmBARKing on a new journey.
34. Getting a new LEASH on life!
35. The only vacation’s I take are pup-cations!
36. Camping? Bring the “PUP” tent.
Try these funny dog puns when whipping up a dog treat…
37. Treat time! Who wants a pupsicle?
38. What’s a dog’s least favorite vegetables? Fleas and carrots.
40. Why did the dog eat the toast plain? He liked “pure bread.”
41. What’s a dog’s favorite Starbuck’s flavor? Pup-kin spice!
Because dogs and stick puns, tree puns, and leaf puns just go together
42. Let’s stick together
43. Raking? Just “leaf” it to me!
44. What did the squirrel tell the dog? If you’re trying to catch me you’re barking up the wrong tree.
Fur the times you’re expressing friendship…
45. Fur-iends through thick and thin
46. We have the ulti-mutt friendship.
I tried to stop myself from sharing even one more dog pun. But then I said, “Oh, fur-get it!”
If you’re getting the itch to “flea” this blog post filled with dog puns and word play, you’ll want to catch these last few dog puns that may make you grrrrroan!
47. Why did the dog hang out at the hospital? He was waiting for his lab report.
48. Why did the dog wear rain boots? He didn’t want to step in a poodle.
49. Why did the mice and squirrels stay inside? It was raining cats and dogs.
50. Why did the dog get ejected from the game? He didn’t agree with the “ruff-eree.”
51. What do you call a funny canine? A corn dog.
Can’t get enough dog puns and dog wordplay?
Finally, h’EARS to all our puppers! Thanks for following along with this little corndog on all of her pup-loving adventures!