50 Dog Puns: The “Ultimutt” List for Dog Lovers
Nothing could paw-sibly be cuter than a dog unless it’s a cute dog pun! In fact, we’re pretty sure that even our dogs would be sad (maybe even “mellon collie” ;)) without some dog jokes, dog puns, and dog wordplay to brighten up the day. Since we dog lovers have our own breed of language, Happy-Go-Doodle Chloe and I decided to put together an ulti-mutt list of punny dog puns and dog play on words.
How our pup-preciation for dog puns began
The other day, my husband mentioned to me that our Happy-Go-Doodle blog posts and social media included a fair share of dog puns. Like Chloe after a lone treat under a couch cushion, I dug through my own dog blog, sniffed out pet brands, and peeked into dog publications. Fur sure, wordplay and punny language had, well, gone to the dogs!
Modern Dog Magazine? Their headline read “Pup-tacular Dog Finds.” Shopping? Check out “Pawty Box” or the “Furminator.” Pup yeah, even Google’s in on the dog word games with their article, Fetching the Latest in Dog Trends. And our own blog posts? We had quite a pack of puns, memes, and feel-good blog humor:
- 75 Dog Puns, Memes To Make You Say P’awww
- Which Dog Mom Meme Is So True It’s You?
- 20 Happy Dog Memes to Make Your Barkday Brighter
While I have no scientific evidence to explain why puns and pups go together, I’d venture to guess it’s simply because like humor, dogs bring smiles. Really, how better to describe a dog’s silly, goofy, happy, splooty personality than with a pun as pup-tacular as our pooches!?!
So, for pure doggo wordplay fun and happiness, Happy-Go-Doodle Chloe and I put our hands and paws to the keyboard and created our own mega list of pup puns and dog play on words. We hope our ulti-mutt guide brings a smile, a p’awww, or maybe even a grrrrroan.
Happy-Go-Doodle’s Ulti-Mutt List of Punny Dog Puns
The not-so-secret, language of dog moms, dog dads, and dog lovers
See how many of these dog puns and play on words you’ve ever heard, read, typed, posted, or muttered.
Paws-itive puns for exclaiming good news…
1. How a-dog-able!
3. Paw yeah!
4. What did the motivational speaker tell his dog? Anything’s paws-sible!
5. Fur sure!
6. That’s pawsome!
Work-related dog puns and wordplay…
7. Just another day at the paw-ffice
8. My dog got a promotion. She’s a branch manager.
9. Is it FriYAY yet? It’s been a ruff week.
10. If I stick to it, I could be branch manager at the paw-ffice.
11. Raking? Just “leaf” it to me!
Celebratory dog puns and play on words…
12. Where’s the pawty?
13. Bring the whole pack!
14. I’m only going if I can bring my pawty pup.
Paw-liday puns for fun…
15. Who’s visiting Santa Paws?
16. Should I sign my holiday cards “Happy Howlidays!” or “Merry Woofmas.” Hmmm…
17. Paws for the holidays
18. Happy HOWL-o-ween!
19. Halloween? Who’s ready for bone-fide fun!
20. We’re thankful fur our friends.
21. What’s an itchy dog’s favorite Christmas greeting? Fleas navidad.
Entertaining puns when watching a movie…
22. We’re watching DogTV? Let’s have pupcorn!
23. Who’s having the pup-peroni pizza?
Barkworthy dog puns when cheering someone up or rooting someone on…
24. You’re rebarkable!
25. I love you furry much!
26. It’s paw-ssible!
27. You’re pawtastic!
28. Stay pawsitive!
29. Ap-paws! Ap-paws!
Pup-preciative phrases when expressing gratitude…
30. Barking it from the wooftops!
31. Making it barkworthy!
32. Thanks furry much!
Travel-related dog puns when going on a vacation or adventure…
33. EmBARKing on a new journey.
34. Getting a new LEASH on life!
35. The only vacation’s I take are pup-cations!
36. Camping? Bring the “PUP” tent.
Try a pun when whipping up a dog treat…
37. Treat time! Who wants a pupsicle?
38. What’s a dog’s least favorite vegetables? Fleas and carrots.
40. Why did the dog eat the toast plain? He liked “pure bread.”
41. What’s a dog’s favorite Starbuck’s flavor? Pup-kin spice!
Fur the times you’re expressing friendship…
42. Let’s stick together
43. Fur-iends through thick and thin
44. We have the ulti-mutt friendship.
I tried to stop myself from sharing even one more dog pun. But then I said, “Oh, fur-get it!”
If you’re getting the itch to “flea” this blog post filled with dog puns and word play, you’ll want to catch these last few dog puns that may make you grrrrroan!
45. Why did the dog hang out at the hospital? He was waiting for his lab report.
46. Why did the dog wear rain boots? He didn’t want to step in a poodle.
47. What do you call a funny canine? A corn dog.
48. Why did the mice and squirrels stay inside? It was raining cats and dogs.
49. Why did the dog get ejected from the game? He didn’t agree with the “ruff-eree.”
50. What did the squirrel tell the dog? If you’re trying to catch me you’re barking up the wrong tree.
Can’t get enough dog puns and dog wordplay?
Finally, on National Dog Day and every day, h’ears to all our puppers! Thanks for following along with this little corndog on all of her pup-loving adventures!