Looking for gifts for dog moms? Gifts for outdoorsy girls?
Do you know a dog mom or outdoorsy girl who loves spending time outside with her dog by her side? Figuring out how to wrap up a fun day of hiking, an afternoon of hammocking, or even a weekend outdoor adventure to give the dog lover in your life, may have you scratching your head. (Or maybe scratching your dog’s head!) But with a little creativity, inspiration, and ingenuity, you can do it! Here are three easy ways to create gift experiences that will brighten her day…whether it’s a birthday, holiday, special day, or any day.
To get the creative juices flowing, Happy-Go-Doodle Chloe and I put together three outdoorsy gift experiences using items we selected from Amazon. We hope we’ve pulled together themed collections that will help you “think outside the gift box” and create a gift experience for the outdoor-loving dog mom or outdoorsy girl in your life. And, if you like shopping on Amazon, we’ve tried to include everything you’ll need right here including: the gift ideas, the special touches, ways to present the gift experience, and a free downloadable gift tag to top off the gift!
This post contains Amazon affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase when clicking a link, I will make a small commission.
Gift Experiences for Outdoorsy Girls or Dog Moms
#1. HAMMOCKING IS HAPPINESS GIFT EXPERIENCE
One hammock. A very happy dog. Sunshine. It’s the recipe for a perfect day…and it can be turned in to a HAMMOCKING IS HAPPINESS themed gift experience! If you know a dog mom or outdoorsy girl who loves hanging out with her furry friend, here’s how to “gift” her a fun, dog-friendly day of relaxation.
What you’ll need to create the HAMMOCKING IS HAPPINESS gift experience…
- ENO Hammock: The ENO hammock in blue looks good in the great outdoors.
- Water Bottle: A water bottle for the human AND a water bowl for her furry friend all in one! Genius!
- Hammock Straps: The ENO Atlas straps come in neon/black…a fun accent color for the blue hammock.
- A good book…about dogs, of course! The classic James Herriot’s Favorite Dog Stories was a gift I received from a family member who knew my love for heartwarming stories about dogs and their owners. It may be just the right touch for other dog moms and outdoorsy girls.
The little extras…
To round out the HAMMOCKING IS HAPPINESS gift experience, add healthy treats for the dog and dog lover! Then wrap it all up in a reusable tote bag. The “Go Places” message on this tote bag by Life is Good adds a nice touch!
The finishing touch…Hammocking is Happiness FREE PRINTABLE GIFT TAG
Download this gift tag to top it all off. We created it just for you to use. And it’s FREE!
#2 HIKING IS HAPPINESS! GIFT EXPERIENCE FOR DOG MOMS OR THE OUTDOORSY GIRL
Whether hitting the trails, taking a walk around the block, our just getting outside and enjoying nature, a HIKING IS HAPPINESS themed gift will bring miles of smiles!
What you’ll need to create the HIKING IS HAPPINESS gift experience…
- Dog bandana: While not a necessity, a colorful dog bandana is a fun accessory! (Especially for snapping selfies!) For Happy-Go-Doodle Chloe, putting on a dog bandana is her cue that good times are ahead!
- Hydration for two: Staying hydrated is a must for both the hiker and her four-legged companion. This three-in-one water bottle/bowl by Doog is genius! A collapsible dog bowl is another convenient option.
- This Doog Walkie Bag is functional and so stylish! It’s great for holding essentials for both dog and dog mom such as keys, ID, dog waste sacks, and dog treats.
The little extras…
To round out the HIKING IS HAPPINESS experience, add:
- Healthy treats for the dog and dog owner
- A printed trail map or a hiking app
Put it all together in a drawstring bag like the one below. It’s reusable and an easy way for a dog mom to keep all her HIKING IS HAPPINESS gear together.
The finishing touch…Hiking is Happiness FREE PRINTABLE GIFT TAG
Slip a special note inside the gift and you’re set! Write your own message or download and print this gift tag we’ve made for you! It’s free!
3. HAVE A BALL GIFT EXPERIENCE
Finally, if you know a dog and dog mom duo who just can’t get enough time hanging out and playing ball together, give the gift of endless fetch games!
What you’ll need to create the HAVE A BALL gift experience…
This one is super easy. All you need are fetch balls (lots of ’em) and treats! For a fun and personal twist, use a permanent pen (Sharpie pens are nontoxic) and write a message on each ball. Here are some message suggestions and ideas:
- Add words that describe the relationship between dog moms and dogs such as: BESTIES, TEAM (add last name), PALS
- Add words that describe the dog: LOYAL, BRAVE, SMART, 100% FUN
- Add words that describe the recipient: DOG MOM, FRIEND TO DOGS
- Add the names of family members who are part of the pack!
The little extras:
Put it all together in a cute dog toy basket like this one…
The finishing touch…HAVE A BALL! FREE PRINTABLE GIFT TAG
Slip a special note inside the gift and you’re set! Write your own message or download and print this gift tag that we made just for you! It’s FREE!
Happy-Go-Doodle Chloe and I hope we’ve inspired you with these three gift experiences for dog moms and outdoorsy girls. Whether hiking, hammocking, playing ball, or just getting outside, it’s all a gift when there’s a dog by your side!
What’s your favorite gift experience for dog moms or outdoorsy girls? We’d love to hear! Please comment below!
Tail wags and doodle kisses!