The Ultimate Guide to the 2018 BlogPaws Educational Sessions
As BlogPaws Speaker Ambassador and Ambassa-doodle, Happy-Go-Doodle Chloe and I are excited to be your guides and share everything we know about the BlogPaws conference educational sessions which are a highlight of the 2018 BlogPaws Conference.
For us, being Ambassadors is like being tour guides and friendly neighbors rolled into one! We’re here to share a warm welcome from Kansas City–the home of the 2018 BlogPaws conference! (You can read our BlogPaws ambassador true story here.) Also, we’re here to help guide you through the BlogPaws educational sessions so that you can get the most out of the BlogPaws conference experience.
As with any adventure or journey, it’s fun to get prepped before you arrive. That’s where we come in! With that in mind, let’s embark on an ultimate tour of all things related to the BlogPaws conference sessions and speakers.
First of all, meet your guides!
An Overview of the BlogPaws Conference Educational Sessions Landscape
Our first goal on our ultimate tour of the BlogPaws conference sessions is to share a wide-angle view of the “educational landscape.” What types of workshops sessions are available at the conference? What subjects will you be learning? Here’s a high-level overview of the types of information that the 2018 BlogPaws conference speakers will be sharing!
#1 SOCIAL MEDIA SAVVY
For Chloe and me, navigating through social media without BlogPaws would be like trying to play a game of fetch in the dark. Sure, Chloe can nose out the ball, but it’s a lot more efficient and fun in the sun! BlogPaws shines a light on the social media landscape with educational sessions led by professionals. At this year’s conference, you can attend sessions about Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, podcasting, and more.
#2 BUSINESS AND MONETIZATION STRATEGIES
There are many ways that you can monetize your blog–from publishing to sponsored posts to affiliate marketing and more. Plus, there are important business skills that come along with being a blogger, micro-influencer, or pet industry expert. At the BlogPaws 2018 conference, you’ll be able to attend sessions on copyright, brand sponsorships, pet career entrepreneurship, and affiliate marketing–just to name a few!
#3 BLOGGING KNOW-HOW
SEO? Keywords? Blogging goals? There’s so much going on behind the scenes of a blog, but you don’t have to travel the blogging road alone. With session topics such as developing blogging goals, understanding trends in SEO, and blogging with purpose, the speakers help clear the path to blogging success.
#4 CREATIVE EXPERTISE
A big part of being a blogger, an influencer, or an entrepreneur in the pet industry, is understanding how to tell YOUR story to YOUR audience in a way that they’ll love– one that’s authentic and engaging. You need the creative tools to make your story come to life. Additionally, managing your time and your resources is an important piece of the creative pie. The BlogPaws conference is a place where you can hone those skills and get expert help from the pros!
Table Topics, One-on-One Sessions, and More: Touring the Types of Sessions Offered During the Conference
Now that you have a broad view of the content, you may be wondering about the format of the educational sessions. Are they all the same? Does everyone attend all the sessions? Our next stop on our ultimate tour of the BlogPaws conference sessions is an overview of presentation formats offered at this pet-friendly, three-day event.
- Table Topics: These are casual, lunch-and-learn style sessions where a presenter shares information about a specific topic over lunch with up to 10 conference guests. There are a limited number of spaces available at the Table Topic Talks, so it’s important to sign up early!
- One-on-Ones: Yes, the name says it all! These are individual sessions with conference speakers. This is your chance to ask questions and get input that’s specific to your blog or your business! It’s a great value! However, these sessions are extremely popular and fill up fast! Be quick as a retriever chasing a fetch toy!
- Breakout sessions: With so much to share, BlogPaws offers multiple sessions during the same time period. Each break out session is led by the presenter in a format of their choosing. It could be a workshop, q & a style, or a presentation.
- Keynotes: There are two keynote speaker sessions. These are a highlight of the conference! The 2018 keynote speakers have not been announced yet, so make sure you’re following BlogPaws on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram for these announcements. (Or, if you’ve already signed up for the conference, watch your email inbox for information.)
Are you ready to know more about the conference sessions and speakers?
Here are important tips on HOW to get the most out of the BlogPaws conference sessions!
As your ambassadors, we highly recommend that, if you have not already registered for the conference, do so now. There are many advantages to registering. Once you’ve signed up, you can:
- receive weekly emails from BlogPaws with the latest conference news and updates
- create your conference profile as part of the conference registration
- plan and build your personalized conference schedule on sched.org
- connect with other attendees who have registered
- check out the speaker profiles on sched.org
- add the sched.org app to your phone so that you have your schedule at your fingertips while attending the conference.
Happy-Go-Doodle Chloe’s Tip: You can sign up for the conference right here!
Your tour of the sessions and speakers wouldn’t be complete without an easy way to register for the BlogPaws 2018 conference right here:
Now that we’ve shared the educational session landscape and how you can sign up for the BlogPaws conference, let’s meet the pros who will be leading the BlogPaws 2018 conference sessions.
Who are the people presenting at the 2018 BlogPaws conference?
Happy-Go-Doodle Chloe and I took a little trip over to sched.org (which is your place to plan your conference schedule, read the speaker bios, learn about the sessions, etc.), and we checked out the speaker’s bios and the session overviews. Rather than tell you about the sessions and individual speakers, we decided to show you by creating word clouds from the speakers’ bios and the session overviews. We thought it would be a fun way to share who the presenters are and what educational topics are popping up! Here’s what we learned…
Get to Know Before You Go!
Want to know specific information about the speakers and the presentation topics? BlogPaws makes it easy. You can…
WATCH Facebook Lives where BlogPaws team members chat with this year’s speakers. They are available by going to the BlogPaws Facebook page. It’s a great way to get to know the speakers before you go!
FOLLOW the speakers on Twitter using the BlogPaws Twitter list.
BlogPaws Conference Tips from Happy-Go-Doodle Chloe!
As your guides, we wanted to share a few tips that we learned at our first conference last year.
- TIP #1: You won’t be in the dog house if you decide to switch your schedule and attend a different session than you’d planned. Everyone’s friendly and wants you to be able to make the most of your experience!
- TIP #2: Choose the sessions you want to attend based on your blogging or influencer goals!
- TIP #3: The BlogPaws community shares notes! If you’re not able to attend a session, ask someone to swap notes with you. Also, BlogPaws (and many of the speakers) make presentation slides available following the conference. Quite possibly, you will have access to ALL the conference sessions even though it’s physically impossible to attend each one! BowWOW!
Last of all, on our all-things-sessions-and-speakers tour, we’d like end with some thoughts from other attendees about why the BlogPaws sessions have been game-changers for them. We reached out to the BlogPaws community through Facebook and Instagram comments and here’s what they had to say…
How Have the BlogPaws Conference Educational Sessions Helped You?
“Our Google Analytics are up 200% in page views for the month of February compared to last year’s February and we are sure that it is largely in part due to the knowledge we gained at our two BlogPaws conferences we were lucky enough to attend! – ChiPets
“Networking and meeting the people you already feel you have met via social.” – Jodi Perkins Clock, Ask Jodi
“I enjoy the opportunity to engage with speakers in a way I likely cannot do remotely. Being able to ask questions and gain insight based on their reply is valuable for me, but I’m sure it’s valuable for other participants. If one person in the audience asks a question, there’s a good chance many others are thinking the same and simply don’t know or feel comfortable articulating them. Additionally, being able to partner the presenter with their visual tools helps to illustrate points for people regardless of their learning style!” – Bryn Nowell, A Dog Walks into a Bar
“Every note I made I still use two years later. It’s gold dust.” – Marjorie Dawson, Dash Kitten
“At the workshops and by connecting with other bloggers and influencers, I learned HOW bloggers and influencers were making money.” – Cathy Armato, Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them
“(It’s) so much easier to focus and really learn about topics like SEO or Branding or Instagram or Facebook in an interactive live setting with good visual examples, case studies, questions, and responses. It can also be really inspiring to see a good presentation and trigger all sorts of great ideas. – Susan Nation, Talents Hounds
“If on the fence, fall toward BlogPaws, every time!” – Elizabeth Keene, Chronicles of Cardigan
THANKS FOR JOINING US
We’ll see you at the BlogPaws 2018 10th Anniversary Conference:
- April 18 – 20, 2018
- The Sheraton Kansas City at Crown Center Hotel
- Kansas City, MO
One Last Conference TIP: THERE’S MORE TO EXPLORE!
Be part of an all-new immersive experience!
Do you have any questions about this year’s BlogPaws conference sessions?
Please comment below. We’ll do our best to answer your questions or to direct you to someone who can!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of BlogPaws. The opinions and text are all mine.