Need outdoorsy gift ideas for dog owners and dogs?
If Happy-Go-Doodle Chloe were in charge of the holiday shopping, her list would be filled with gift ideas for dog owners and dogs with one theme…fun-filled, together-time adventures! In fact, her gift idea wish list might look something like this…
Do you have a furry friend who’d give a “WOOF WOOF!” of agreement? Then this curated collection of gift ideas for dog owners (inspired by a ball-lovin’, fresh-air sniffin’, happy-to-go-anywhere goldendoodle) may be the solution for you!
How to put together a “pets-and-pals” gift experience
We hope these outdoor-themed gift collections will help you create a gift-giving experience that’s just right for the pet and pal team who loves walking, hiking, hammocking, or just being outdoors. We’ve chosen products from Amazon as examples of how to create a themed or bundled gift that’s also an experience. Some are products that we use and love…some are products that are just darn cute! We hope it all inspires you!
Also, each gift idea collection includes a FREE downloadable for/from gift tag that we designed and created for you to use! It’s our little way of sharing some holiday happiness with you ! So slip on your Santa hat, sit down with your dog, and let’s get started!
This post contains Amazon affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase when clicking a link I will make a small commission, but it won’t cost you even a cent more.
1. Hammocking, happiness, and your hound!
One hammock. A very happy dog. Sunshine. It’s the recipe for a perfect day! Here’s a list Chloe and I put together to create a gift solution for a day of hammocking, hanging out, and happiness…
HOW TO CREATE A “HAMMOCKING IS HAPPINESS” GIFT EXPERIENCE:
- ENO Hammock: For us, part of the fun of hammocking is taking selfies. We love the purple/teal ENO hammock because it looks great in pics and against a bright-blue sky.
- Straps: We chose the ENO Atlas straps and haven’t regretted it. They’re easy to use, and we love the neon/black straps as an accent to the teal hammock.
- Water Bottles: We never go anywhere without a least one water bottle, so including this Dog Water Bottle and Travel Bowl as part of this gift collection made good sense.
- A good book: The classic James Herriot’s Favorite Dog Stories was a gift I received for Christmas from a family member who knew my love for tender-hearted, wholesome stories about dogs and their owners. Giving the gift of a book is not only an experience in itself, it’s a lasting reminder of the gift giver.
A little something extra…
To round out the pets-and-pals hammocking theme, add a treat for the dog and a snack for the dog lover!
Wrap it up…cute and clever ways to present a hammocking gift bundle:
Rather than wrapping each item individually, put it all together in a reusable drawstring bag with an outdoorsy design. It’s an easy solution for you and a convenient way for the recipient to keep everything in one place. No more searching for dog gear before heading out the door. Just grab and go have fun! Here’s a cute drawstring bag with pockets as one example.
The finishing touch…”Hammocking is Happiness” FREE PRINTABLE GIFT TAG
2. Hiking is Happiness!
How can you turn someone’s love for long walks into a gift? Whether it’s hiking, walking, our just getting outside and enjoying nature, this gift collection might inspire you to create a “hiking is happiness” gift solution.
HOW TO CREATE A “HIKING IS HAPPINESS” GIFT EXPERIENCE:
- Putting on a dog bandana is Chloe’s cue that good times are ahead! Plus, it makes for cute photo ops along the hiking trail!
- Staying hydrated is a must. Chloe’s happy to drink from a collapsible dog bowl. That way we can bring one water bottle and share.
- Wearing something comfy like this cute shirt with a meaningful message adds to the fun, and looks great in photos too!
A little something extra…
To round out the pets-and-pals “hiking is happiness” experience, add:
- Treats for the dog and dog owner
- A hiking app or printed trail map
- Pet waste bags
Wrap it up…cute and clever ways to present a “Hiking is Happiness” gift bundle:
With a cute gift tag, a tote bag can double as gift presentation. Here’s a drawstring bag that features adorable dogs!
The finishing touch…
“Hiking is Happiness” FREE PRINTABLE GIFT TAG
As our holiday gift to you, please download this free for/from gift tag. It’s a fun accent to the gift, and it’s our way of sharing holiday happiness with you.
3. Fetch Fun!
Does the phrase “ball is life” describe your dog?
Fetch games are kiddoodle Chloe’s all-time favorite activity. We can’t keep enough balls in the air! For the ball-loving dog, the gift of endless fetch is a dream come true! Here are gift ideas for dog owners and dogs who’s best day ever is one spent hanging out together.
HOW TO CREATE A “FETCH FUN” GIFT EXPERIENCE:
The gift of endless fetch games is easy to create! Just add balls (lots of balls) and treats! To make the gift more memorable, use a permanent pen (Sharpie pens are nontoxic) and write a message on each one. Choose a fun theme for the messages such as:
- cute words that describe your dog like loyal, smart, brave, playful
- holiday words such as peace, merry, magical, naughty, nice, believe
- the dog’s nicknames
- names of family members who are part of the pack!
Don’t forget to include dog treats! For Chloe, dropping the ball at my feet is much easier when she’s motivated with a favorite treat. I like a low calorie option such as Natural Balance Mini Rewards Dog Treats – especially since she’s a pro at marathon games of fetch.
Wrap it up…cute and clever ways to present a “fetching fun” gift bundle:
Place the tennis balls and packages of dog treats into a cute toy basket, add our free printable gift tag, and this “pet and pal” experience is a ready-to-go gift!
The finishing touch…”BALL IS LIFE” FREE PRINTABLE GIFT TAG
As our holiday gift to you, please download this free printable for/from gift tag. It’s a fun way to bring the theme together, and it’s our way of sharing holiday happiness with you.
Chloe and I hope we’ve inspired you with a few unique gift ideas for pets and the people who love them. Most importantly, we hope that we’ve added a little extra smile and happiness your day. Throughout the holidays and every day, remember to take a break and enjoy the love of your furry friend!
Do you enjoy the outdoors with you dog? We’d love to hear! Please comment below!
Tail wags and doodle kisses!
If you enjoyed this article, you may also like…